Monday, October 6, 2014

Music City Wedding

Celebrating Allison and Stephen
This past weekend was a whirlwind of catching up with old friends, visiting old haunts and experiencing all the exciting changes in my old city.  It's been eight years since I left Nashville, and in that time, the city has exploded.  I loved it then, and I think I love it even more now!

The trip almost didn't happen, since one of the kids was sick most of the week.  Lucky for me, Scott was willing to take one for team and stayed home so that I could go have fun.  




Old friends are the best friends







Because of the last minute change of plans, I did not make it in time for the rehearsal dinner at the Country Music Hall of Fame, but I heard it was incredible.  Instead, I went with a friend to an old favorite, Virago, that has a new location in The Gulch.  The sushi was just as good as I remembered, but the real standouts were the Crispy Brussels sprouts and the Spicy Edamame.  We finished up the evening in the classic Oak Bar in the historic Hermitage Hotel.



The next day was devoted to wedding activities, but we squeezed in lunch at Burger Up in the 12th South neighborhood.  It was such a fun spot, and the burger and truffle fries were amazing!

After a big night of partying at the wedding, I was thrilled to be back in the 12th South area to hit up Josephine for brunch.  The BLT was exactly what I needed, but I was a little jealous of my friends squash quiche, which was served with both a side salad and fries (a perfect balance if you ask me!). And because I can't seem to get enough Brussels sprouts lately, we got a round for the table.  This time, they were served with a peanut vinaigrette.  Delicious!

I feel like I packed a lot in, but I've learned, I can never get enough of Nashville!



Burger Up on 12th Ave South




Turkey burger with chopped kale salad at Burger Up


Woodstock Burger and truffle fries at Burger Up

Headed to the wedding




It was a Bloody Mary Morning


The quiche at Josephine

BLT served with fries at Josephine
Linking up with:

1 comment: